Wednesday, November 20, 2019

November 20, 2019

WEDNESDAY
Wishful Wednesday
Page 10 / Week 14 - November 18, 2019 to November 22, 2019
What are you reading this week?
Wishful Wednesday: Write 1 sentence wishing something for a character or situation in your book which will affect the outcome

* Vocabulary *
Unit 7: Semantic Drawings, p. 17

* Grammar *
Elements of Sentence
Group 3 / wks. 12-13

* Literature *
Romeo & Juliet
Act I
Collect Act I Packets & Complete Act I Quiz
&
Romeo & Juliet
Act II
Video
Read - Act II - p. 795-815
Balcony Scene on a Stage / Friar's Cell / Wedding
Packet
Plot Elements - p. 4
Shakespeare Vocabulary - p. 5
Guided Reading Questions - p. 8-9
Packet Section Due & Quiz at end of each Act
(cannot use packet on the quiz)

* Cool Down *
Don't forget to list three things we covered today!

For your final activity, read the following information. Write the complete answer.

The author wants to use overstatement in order to emphasize the speaker’s exhaustion. Which choice best accomplishes this goal?
I’ve been working on legal briefs all day. I’m so exhausted I could sleep for hours!

                          A - NO CHANGE
      B - don't think I can sleep right now!
                          C - won't be able to sleep for hours!                                                D - could sleep for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment